There was a time when a hot water bath meant boiling water on a burner first and then taking it to the bathroom to have a warm cozy bath in the winter morning. Nowadays, all you have to do is switch on the geyser and enjoy a stream of hot water in a matter of minutes, if not seconds. There are two main types of geysers that are instant and storage. In this article, you will learn about the features which you should look for in 10 Best Geyser Water Heater in India 2021 (Storage, Instant) and how to choose the best one based on your requirements.
Types of Geysers
There are a lot of sub-categories of geysers in which we can differentiate them based on many factors, but in a broader sense, we can divide them into two main categories.
As the name is suggesting these types of geysers can heat the water almost instantly and makes the water available for immediate use. Most of the instant geysers do not have storage capacity, and even if they do, it is as little as one liter to five liters. As they have small storage tanks or no storage tanks at all, they are quite compact and are very popular among those who have small bathrooms. Also, because of the small size, you will save a lot of electricity while heating the water.
Ranging from storage capacity with 6 liters to 35 liters, the storage geysers are popular among households with large families, hotels, motels, and similar establishments. They need extra space in the bathroom and often consume a lot of electricity depending on the storage capacity. Normally such geysers can take up to 10 to 15 minutes to heat the water ideal for usage. If you want to heat a lot of water at once, this will be the right option for you.
Pros and Cons of Instant Water Heater
- Instant water heaters provide you a supply of warm water almost instantly.
- These are ideal for small bathrooms and can fit even in the smallest space above washbasin and kitchen sinks.
- They consume less electricity.
- Lack of storage is not ideal for everyone, especially when you have a large family at home.
- These water heaters need time to relax after a few liters of water, depending on the model.
Pros and Cons of Storage Water Heater
- They are usable in almost every household irrespective of the size of the family.
- These are often cheaper.
- It may take up to 15 minutes before you can consume hot water.
- They consume more electricity in comparison to instant water heaters.
Things to Consider while Selecting the Best Geyser
- Ideally, the water heater or geyser should provide you the hot water within a few minutes or instantly depending on your choice.
- The water heater should be safe to use and should have an ISI mark for safety.
- Depending on the number of people who are going to use it, the size of the storage tank should be one of the main points to consider.
- Nowadays, water heaters come with power ratings. Please choose a 4-star or 5-star rating water heater. However, when we talk about a higher power rating, the price will also go up.
- You should consider your budget, too, while selecting the right water heater for your personal or professional use.
- The geyser should have an auto power cut facility to ensure it is safe to use, and it will not get overheated.
- The wire and shoe used in the geyser should be of high quality. In case you are not satisfied with the quality of the wire or the shoe, it is better to get it replaced. Some geysers come with normal shoe though it is recommended to plug the geyser in a power plug to avoid any accidents. In case you get a normal shoe, either get it replaced or choose a plug that can accommodate both power and normal shoe.
- Though most of the geysers come with a warranty from the manufacturer, it is better to choose the water heaters that have at least 2-years of warranty. Many people have noticed that the real test of the water heater starts after two seasons of extensive usage, and they often show signs of some technical issue that may cost you to repair.
Finding the best geyser in India can be a tricky task. There are so many factors that play a vital role in the final selection, and it is common to get confused over the features. While keeping the points mentioned above in mind, here is the list of 10 Best Geyser Water Heater in India 2019 (Storage, Instant) and their short reviews.
Top Ten Water Heaters in India
1 AISEN® 2000 Watt 25 Litre Water Heater (Vertical)
Aisen’s Sizzle water heater is a vertical mounting geyser. It runs on 2000 Watts power. The capacity of this storage water heater is 25 liters. The water heater is designed to work on any water, and it is known for the best results with hard water as well. It consumes lesser energy to heat the water in comparison to other water heaters with similar capacity want wattage. The temperature of the output water is 75 degrees. It takes around 15 minutes to reach 50-degrees on a full tank. This elegant looking geyser comes with a 1-year warranty by the manufacturer.
2 A.O.Smith 10 Litre Vertical Storage Water Heater
A.O.Smith is one of the most popular brands in home appliances. This 10-liter vertical mount water heater comes with a 5-star energy rating that means it will consume lesser energy to heat the water and save a lot of electricity. The tank capacity in this geyser is 10 liters. It runs on 2000 watts energy. The inner tank has blue diamond glass lining, and the outer body is made out of ABS. The geyser comes with a 7-years warranty on the inner tank and 2+2 years warranty on the glass coated heating element. Also, the company provides a 2-years comprehensive warranty on the overall device.
3 Venus Splash 25-Litre Storage Water Heater
Venus has some of the best home appliances, and it is quite famous in Indian households. The Venus Splash water heater comes with a capacity of 25-liters. It runs on 2000 watts energy and has a 5-star energy rating, which ensures energy saving. The inner tank is made out of Porcelain Enamel Glass-lined, and the heating element is made out of Glass-lined Double Ceramic. The outer shell of the geyser is made of ABS. The scale guard technology in the geyser keeps it safe from scale deposits, which reduces the stress on the heating element and increases its lifespan. The company provides a 7-years warranty on the inner tank, 4-years warranty on the heating element and 2-years warranty on the overall device.
4 Racold 10 Litre Storage Water Geyser
Racold’s 10 Liters water heater is ideal for both small and large families. It is also best suited for clinics, restaurants, and small size hotels and restaurants. The high power heating element in the geyser ensures quick water heating. As it runs on 3000 watts energy, it can provide a full tank of hot water in 5-7 minutes. It comes with a 5-star BEE rating that ensures energy saving. The compact design of the geyser is ideal for urban installation. The company provides a 2-years warranty on the overall product, 2-years warranty on the heating element and 3-years warranty on the storage tank.
5. Vistara Storage Water Heater Geyser (15-Litre)
Vistara 15-litre water heater comes with a vertical mount. It runs on 2000 watts energy and has rated pressure of 0.70 MPA for high rise buildings. The highly sensitive capillary thermostat in the geyser cuts off the power in case the temperature exceeds the limit. The glass-lined inner tank is ideal for long term use. It comes with high-pressure protection, and the 3-pin plug comes with fire retardant cable. The company provides a 2-years warranty on the overall product, 5-years warranty on the inner tank and 2-years warranty on the heating element.
6. Standard Lyft 1-Litre Geyser
Standard Lyft instant 1-liter water heater comes with Ultra thick and superior 304 grade SS tank. The copper heating element in the geyser ensures fast heating. It comes with an auto-cut feature that cuts off the power in case of high temperature. It runs on 4500 watts power and provides hot water in a matter of seconds. It is best suited for small families and small workspace. The company provides a 5-years warranty on the inner tank and a 2-years warranty on the overall product.
7. Bajaj Majesty Instant Water
Bajaj is a well-known brand for home appliances in India. Majesty 3-liters water heater by Bajaj comes with a fast-heating copper-based element that is capable of providing hot water in just 5 seconds. It runs on 3500 watts energy. It is best suited for small families. It is ideal for high rise buildings and pressure pump applications. The company provides two years warranty on the overall product.
8. Surya Roshni ltd Copper Instant Water Heater
Surya Roshni instant water heater is one of the best options available in the market. This instant geyser has a capacity of 3-liters and can provide hot water in a matter of a few seconds. It comes with an automatic thermostat, which cuts off the power if the temperature of the water rises beyond a safe point. The inbuilt pressure release valve makes it a safer option for every household.
9. CASCADE 3 LTR Instant Cum Storage Water Heater
Cascade Tuffy Max Surge water heater comes with 3 liters stainless steel water tank. It runs on 3000 watts energy and can provide hot water in a matter of a few seconds. It has multi-dimension mounting options, and you can install it vertically, horizontally, or on the ceiling in any direction. It is ideal for both indoor and outdoor scenarios. It comes with all necessary safety features like pressure release valve and auto-powercut.
10 Vistara Instant Water Heater (Vertical)
Vistara’s instant water heater comes with 3-liter storage capacity. It runs on 3000 watts energy and can provide hot water in a matter of a few seconds. It has an 8-bar pressure rating that means it can withstand high pressure and is ideal for high rise buildings. The thermoplastic outer shell of the geyser saves it from rusting. The company provides a 2-years warranty on the product and a 5-years warranty on the storage tank inside.
When we talk about water heaters, we often think of those bulky devices that we have seen in our parents’ or grandparents’ homes. However, nowadays, you can find a good, compact, and instant water heater in your budget that will fit perfectly in your bathroom or over the kitchen sink. All you have to do is to keep the features mentioned in the article in mind and check the list of geysers mentioned above to choose the best one.