We have arrived at the dawn of the year 2021 and the winter season is constantly sending chills to North India. The year 2020 has been harsh on everyone and with this been said, we have seen unbelievable temperature drop which has broken all previous records. The demand for room heaters starts from the autumn season and reaches its peak by the end of December every year.
There are several types and sizes available in this category according to your room area. This industry has a very large variety of room heaters which sometimes can be confusing to customers. To purchase your best match in Room Heater in India, one must know about its heating method, technology, and type.
Types of Room Heaters
Room Heaters are divided under heating method, so we have three types of room heaters.
Fan heaters are very popular, efficient for medium-size rooms, and can warm-up the surroundings precisely. Its heating technology includes a ceramic coil and a fan, the coil heats up and hot air is blown out via fan. Apart from being pocket friendly, these are very safe and light-weight.
Infrared heaters or Heat lamps are best suitable for small areas or rooms. Its heating mechanism gives sun-like heat and is like a mini campfire in your room. As it does not have a fan in its mechanism, these are quieter and heats up instantly.
Oil Filled Room Heaters
Oil-filled room heaters are the best type of room heater, they are quiet, economical, and keeps the room warm for a longer time. This room heater utilizes power to heat the oil in it which leads to heating of its metal walls.
Features of Best Room Heaters
In these three categories, there is a variety of room heaters available in the Indian market that have different sizes and features. The features portray the quality as well as the efficiency of the product. One must look out for features like:
It is one of the most important features one must look for in the best room heater. Noise is generated by ceramic or fan heaters, oil-filled and infrared heaters are noise-free. One can opt for a fan heater with less noise producing technology.
Oxygen and Humidity
Most room heaters reduce the level of oxygen and moisture in the air which can lead to rashes, dry eyes, nasal blockage, etc. This type of environment is not suitable for any adult and especially newborn babies.
Oil-filled heaters do not mess with moisture whereas fans and infrared heaters reduce the moisture content in the air. To cope up with this situation one can put a bucket of water in the room or can put a humidifier.
Many room heaters offer a variety of heat settings, to increase or decrease in temperature, sleep mode, timer settings, etc. These are the options to dig for.
Moreover, the heat setting widens the scope and seasons of its functionality. These are extra added features in a room heating device that adds more comfort but is worth spending on.
Different types of Room heaters work on different power levels, which can be made pocket-friendly with the purchase of the right one. Fan heaters require about 2000 watts of electricity whereas infrared heaters use between 800-1200 watts. Amongst all, the most economically efficient choice is oil-filled heaters which require 1000 watts to operate.
Some room heaters come with wheels and handles. These provide an option to easily shift the heater from one place to another effortlessly. This feature is widely appreciated on occasions of gathering and it also adds an aesthetic to the room.
A room heater that can be used anywhere inside a house is an added benefit. The most important part is that it is safe to place anywhere in the room which can change the look and vibe of the interior decor.
The most important feature to look for in anything is its safety level. In the case of room heaters, one must look for the safety mesh so that it is safe for children and pets to be around it.
The room heater must have a feature of overheat protection switch. This feature ensures that the heating mechanism shuts off automatically in case a set temperature is reached or about to be crossed.
Many room heaters have different types of plugs and cords. Some have power plugs whereas others have standard plugs. In case your heater has a power plug it is advised to get extra wiring from the safety point of view.
This feature helps to distribute heat evenly in the room. Some room heaters have automatic oscillation whereas others have an extra switch for this purpose. This feature is quite prevalent in fan heaters.
Which Type of Room Heater is the Best?
Comparing all the pros and cons of all types of room heaters, Oil-filled room heaters are the best kind of room heaters. The oil-filled heater takes longer to warm the room but keeps the room warm for a longer period even after switching it off. This does not reduce the oxygen level in the air and also maintains the moisture in the air. Thus, they are more on the expensive side.
What Precautions one has to Take with Room Heaters?
There are some precautions that everyone is advised to take with room heaters. Room heaters should not be kept near furniture or curtains, at least a 3-foot gap is to be maintained between them. One must make sure there is proper air ventilation in the space where heaters are used to avoid dry eyes, rashes, etc.
Another thing to keep in mind is that it should not be placed near moist places. Sometimes, one uses extension cords to put it at a certain place but some cords are not made sturdy enough which leads to overheating. This can be avoided by using extension cords of good quality.
Cost of Room Heaters
The price of room heaters depends upon the heating technology and features offered by the product. Oil-filled room heaters are the most expensive type of room heater amongst all. The price range of these room heater starts from Rs.10, 000. Infrared room heaters are cheaper in cost and their price range starts from Rs.4, 000. The cheapest amongst all is fan room heaters, the price range of which starts from Rs.1000.
Top 10 Best Room Heaters in India
It’s one of the best room heaters with a very elegant design that adds grace to room décor. It keeps the room warm for a longer period and even when turned off which makes it energy as well as heating efficiency.
It has some important features and details:
- It comes with its cord storage as well as a rear safety cover.
- The length of its cord is approximately 5 ft.
- It has to overheat protection which cuts off the power in case it tilts, falls, or overheat.
- Comes with the thermostatic heat control panel in the front which is responsible for its performance at three different levels of voltage.
- It is portable as it has castor wheels at the bottom.
- It’s a PTC heater that works with the inbuilt fan mechanism.
- It has a warranty of 1 year.
This KWT 400 W electric heater is a tiny innovative creation and is highly energy efficient. It is a mini portable heater, one can take it anywhere. It is energy-efficient and works wonderfully well for small rooms with an area of about 250 sq. ft.
Some features and details one must take a look at before buying:
- A portable device that can be carried in hands, pocket, and bags.
- Its tiny size does not cover up the floor space.
- Digital screen display makes it, even more, advance and futuristic.
- It has personalized thermal settings.
- Comes with overheat protection with safety cut-offs.
- Pocket-friendly and energy-efficient.
- Made up from PTC ceramic element.
- In-built adjustable timer as well as wind speed.
- It also has a 180-degree rotation feature.
- Ranked 8th in fan heaters in Amazon.
Lifelong is a trustworthy and renowned brand and it has completed its 5 years with amazon. It is small in size and it heats the room quickly. Its warm-up range is about 10 feet which is ideal for a small to medium size room. It has a simple yet unique design that will go with almost all types of room décor.
Some Feature and Details one should look at before buying:
- It has three power settings: cool, warm, and hot.
- Comes with the knob for manual adjustment of the thermostat.
- Its body is built from good quality plastic which has high heat resistance.
- Designed to use both ways: horizontal and vertical. This ensures not much space is covered.
- Comes with overheat protection which provides the system with cut-offs when a specific temperature is reached.
- Comes with a safety mesh in front.
- It is ISI certified.
- It has a warranty period of 1 year.
- It is lightweight and portable.
- It also has red light indicators.
- It ranks 3rd in the Fan Heaters list on Amazon.
This fan heater is ideal for small or medium-size rooms with an area around 250ft. These are light in weight and have a body of plastic and metal.
Some details and features of this product:
- Comes with a safety mesh grill.
- Safe to be kept on the bed and near the blanket.
- Cool touch body.
- Has 2 heat setting knob.
- Has 15A plug type.
- It has overheat protection and a durable heating element.
- Operates on 2 heat settings, 1000 and 2000 watts, respectively.
Another classy piece to add grace to your room décor is Morphy OFR11F. One does not have to sit right in front of this room heater; it warms up the entire room equally. Moreover, its adjustable thermostat and noiseless working are luxurious peace to experience.
Other features and details that may interest you:
- It has durable life as its heating mechanism consists of chips or ceramic stones.
- It has 11 fins heat radiators.
- It has safety cut-outs in case it gets overheated, tilt, or fall.
- Has a personalized thermal setting which helps to set the favorable temperature of the room.
- Can operate on 2900-2500 watts and its PTC fan can operate at 400 watts in case one prefers to use it or one faces power downfall.
- Comes with a warranty of 2 years.
- Comes with inbuilt wheels to ensure easy mobility.
Morphy Richards is a highly trusted international brand. This room heater is ideal for small and medium-sized rooms. It has a modern design and the knobs are placed at the side of this product. It is efficient and very convenient to use.
Some important features and details one take a look at:
- It occupies a little small.
- Lightweight and has a handle to carry.
- Manual settings.
- The adjustable temperature according to personal preference.
- Quick heating mechanism.
- It operates on a power supply of 2000 watts.
- Comes with a safety mesh in the front.
- It has a 3 pin plug type.
- It has indicator lights.
- It comes with a warranty period of 2 years.
This Havells Calido PTC fan is a modern-looking sleek solution for winters. It has a unique infrastructure that complements your modern room design. It is easy to use and portable. It is apt for medium room size and heats up quickly. It does not produce any noise which indicates no disturbance in your peaceful settings.
Other features and details one must consider before buying it:
- It is light in weight which makes it mobile.
- It has AC power plugs that enable it to plug-in into many types of sockets.
- Its body is made up of good quality double plastic.
- It has a red-colored indicator light that lights up when turned on.
- It operates on a power supply of 2000 watts.
- It is built up from PTC ceramic eating element.
- It has an oscillation feature.
- It has an auto-clean button for dust.
- It has an Overheat auto-cut and auto-switch off in case it tilts or falls.
- It has a warranty life span of 1 year.
Another renowned brand is Bajaj. Bajaj Majesty RH 11 is appropriate for big and medium-sized rooms. It’s simple, elegant, and sleek design mix-up with every basic home décor effortlessly. It has castor wheels which makes it portable and can be placed anywhere. It is energy efficient and warms up the room equally.
Other feature and details one must consider before buying:
- Comes with castor wheels.
- Even heating of the room, ideal match for big and medium-sized rooms.
- Comes with Overheat protection which provides safety cut-offs in case it reaches a certain heat temperature, tilts, or falls.
- Remote thermal adjustment for personalized room comfort.
- The option of three heat settings: 1000 W, 1500 W, and 2500 W.
- Its body is made up of good quality metal.
- It has a noiseless operation.
- It has a warranty life of 3 years.
A very elegant wooden design that compliments your room décor is Usha Fan Heater 1212. It is ideal for a small room type with an area of about 150sq.ft. It is energy efficient as it is built with 2 heating elements. Usha is a renowned and trusted Indian brand that also ranks 6th on the top 100 in the home and kitchen.
Some features and details that might catch one’s eyes:
- Comes with double staged overheat protection.
- In-built with 2 heating elements.
- Ideal for on spot heating.
- Comes with a safety mesh in front.
- Light in weight, easy to carry.
- Comes with a height-adjustable stand in front.
- Manual thermal setting knobs on the top.
- Have three operating mode settings.
- It is noiseless due to its silent motor operation.
- It has a warranty period of a year and on-site service will be provided all-across India.
- ISI approved.
10. Havells OFR 13 Fin 2900 W PTC Fan Heater
Havells OFR 13 Fin is the best match for the large room. Its 13 fins with larger surface heat the entire room quickly. It’s the best pick in case of safety for the babies. It is energy efficient as it warms up the room even after switching it off. Moreover, being oil-based it won’t lower the oxygen and moisture level of the room. It warms up the room equally and hence, one does not have to sit right in front of it.
Some features and details one must consider before buying:
- It has an oscillation feature to warm up every corner of the room.
- Its body is made up of metal.
- Comes with Over-heat protection which switches it off in case a certain level of heat is reached.
- Comes with safety cut-offs in case it tilts or falls.
- Equipped with the cord storage.
- Equipped with castor wheels to ensure easy mobility.
- Comes with a rear safety mesh cover.
- Operates on three power settings which are 800 W, 1200 W, and 2000 W.
- Additional power backup heat setting which runs PTC fan on power 400 W.
- Adjustable thermostat control to personalize the heat setting.
- It has a warranty life of 2 years.
- In case one opts for a fan heater or a convection heater, one can make sure there is some type of air ventilation in the room to maintain the oxygen level.
- One can also place a bucket of water in the area to ensure that the depletion in the moisture level due to the heater is balanced naturally.
- One must opt for the oil-based heater for the safety of toddlers.
- One should put the heater at a minimum gap of 2 ft. from any kind of inflammable surface even cloth.
- Should not be used with extension cords for long.
Honestly, it is a fair investment in one’s lifestyle. Not just it adds grace to one’s interior home designs but also provides comfort in chilly winters. It’s yet another way to treat oneself but moreover, it has become a necessity in the North.
These room heaters are lifesavers from the record-breaking dropping temperatures. There is a variety of room heaters available in the market which tick marks every criterion of the list from price to room size of every individual.